QEWI (Qualified Exterior Wall Inspector)/Facade Inspector
New York, United States
Node Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, P.C. is integrated multi-disciplinary firm providing architectural and engineering services to both public and private sector clients. Our projects range from small interior renovations to design and development of large multifamily and mixed-use projects, commercial spaces, tenant fit-outs, hospitality throughout the New York City Area with a focus on sustainable design.
Our team consists of enthusiastic, creative and dedicated self-managed individuals with professional and positive mindsets creating a fun and productive working environment with open communication and team collaboration.
Objective: Visits construction sites to review work in progress, inspect materials, and check the method of installation. Assist with management, and growth, of our services related to the Façade Inspection and Safety Program (FISP). Consult on existing facade design for enhancement or maintenance type projects: forensic review and analysis, Bid Document and repair detail preparation, direct Bidding Phase, and Construction Administration. Well versed in exterior wall construction. Review drawings and submissions for conformance with project requirements. Report of all Field Inspection observations should be done in a timely manner, same day or day after, and provide quality and clarity to all end users to allow them to rectify any non-conformance expeditiously.
MUST BE QUALIFIED EXTERIOR FACADE INSPECTOR (QEWI)
• Assess the scope of work; inspect facade; determine facade deficiency and accordingly prepare the repair program
• Undertake facade design, detailing and analysis, and participate in testing, fabrication and construction administration
•Well versed in exterior wall construction project phases including but not limited to shop drawing, modeling, design development and construction documents; Draft proposals and estimates for new projects including add services/change orders
• Meet regularly with management to provide updates on projects and staff needs; Communicate regularly on current project status and include management on project reviews for additional technical input/support
• Prepare specifications and technical drawings for review; Document and maintain well written reports on project related activity; Ensure familiarity with building codes in local markets
• Attend client meetings, and prepare meeting notes; Support staff and management with educating team and clients on recent code/industry developments • Communicate with contractors, clients, and city agencies regularly; Conduct\oversee field review and progress inspection on designated projects; Advise management on related project performance\key issues, status, scheduling, effort of work and estimates for completion
• Providing cross-functional support to ensure client needs and internal timelines/project activities are completed; Break down technical needs\deliverable; assist in managing budgetary project requirements
• Maintain detailed documents and progression of work from initial proposal through completion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Job Type: This is full-time position offering a salary and benefit package competitively paced within the local market, including medical, disability, paid time off, paid holidays, commuter benefits, continued education reimbursement, exceptional indoor office air quality and more.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, or Architecture). Other engineering disciplines will be considered and Inspection certificates preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in facade and roofing consulting or product sales, construction, or related field (preferred)
• Strong working knowledge of Revit software and drafting standards a plus
• Knowledge of New York City Facade Inspection & Safety Program (FISP) requirements
• Knowledge of New York City building and energy codes
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience with Office 365 and SharePoint Plus, Odoo a plus
• United States (Required)
• Monday to Friday