Certificate of Occupancy Coordinator
Node Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, P.C. is integrated multi-disciplinary firm providing architectural and engineering services to both public and private sector clients. Our projects range from small interior renovations to design and development of large multifamily and mixed-use projects, commercial spaces, tenant , and hospitality throughout the New York City Area. Our team consists of enthusiastic, creative and dedicated self-managed individuals with professional and positive mindsets creating a fun and productive working environment with open communication and team collaboration.
We are looking for a self-managed individual that can contribute to our team with its extensive of filling processes and set a smooth TCO/CO approval process for our projects. Qualified individual must have Class 1 or 2 Filing Representative License.
- Coordinate with Owner, Contractor, Owner consultants, and NODE team for TCO/CO timely manner approvals.
- Obtain Temporary Certificate of Occupancy and Final Certificate of Occupancy for New Buildings and Alt1'
- Receive on site changes from Site technician and Project and file amendments to schedule A, schedule B, and other applications associated with NB or Alt1 during construction phase and prior to TCO/
- Coordinate with Node team members on supporting applications sign offs required, assure completion in timely
- Prepare for and initiate meetings with Client team for TCO/CO
- Research properties and prepare status letter's, breaking down what is required for a TCO/Final
- Prepare Special Inspections TR1, TR8 documents for TCOs, Final CO’s
- Meetings with plan examiners for Post Approval and As Built amendments
- Meeting with commissioners, deputy commissioners and public advocate at the NYC Dept of Buildings for reconsideration's and
- Prepare individual checklists for each responsible party (GC, MEPS Subcontractors, Owner coordinate and assure print violations and filings, and obtain construction and sign off
- Work with Node team and Client team to inform of any potential ‘obstacles’ for TCO/ CO, prepare a strategy for solution and assure compliance for timely manner CO
- Communicate with Clients and team members regarding inspections and
- Schedule as built walk through, and construction inspections and attend Client
- Update all spreadsheets, tasks and lists and ensure all team members and Owners are fully informed
- At least 3+ years of experience with municipal agencies-Must have Class 2 filling rep license with DOB-Knowledge of NYC municipal agencies, codes, regulations and filing representative processes ensuring completion of project filling tasks in a fast-paced manner.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and collaborate/coordinate with project design team, clients and consultants
- Review and coordinate Owner and project supporting documents prior to submissions
- Monitor project progress, assure proactive and timely manner compliance with required fillings
- Communicates well, is willing to learn and take direction from senior management
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience with Office 365 and SharePoint Plus, Odoo a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Job Type: This is full-time position offering a salary and benefit package competitively paced within the local market, including medical, disability, paid time off, paid holidays, commuter benefits, continued education reimbursement, exceptional office indoor air quality and more. Must be based in New York City.
Work United States (Required)
Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: All interviews, work and meetings will be conducted online remotely (via Zoom).
Vacation, Sick, and Holiday paid leaves
Only a couple blocs from BART, Caltrain, Highway 101, carpool pickup, and Bay Bridge.