Licensed Mechanical HVAC Engineer
Node Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, P.C. is integrated multi-disciplinary firm providing architectural and engineering services to both public and private sector clients. Our projects range from design and development of large multifamily and mixed-use projects, commercial spaces, tenant fit-outs, hospitality throughout the New York City Area with a focus on sustainable design.
Our team consists of enthusiastic, creative and dedicated self-managed individuals with professional and positive mindsets creating a fun and productive working environment with open communication and team collaboration.
Objective: This candidate will be responsible for design and production of documents by using Revit, for heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems. Experience required includes systems design and applications, economic evaluations, life-cycle cost analysis, energy conservation, equipment selection, specifications biding documents, construction administration, and commissioning of systems. Work also involves field surveys of mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems, testing of existing systems, and energy studies. This is an opportunity to join a growing firm, office and group with excellent benefits, compensation, and education opportunities.
• Survey and study a building's mechanical equipment and systems
• Design of HVAC systems
• Preparation of design calculations
• Progress and other report writing
• Project specifications writing
• Proactive problem identification and resolution
• Coordination and verification of project deliverables
• Work closely with clients and stakeholders to create unique energy solutions
• Design tailored approaches that correspond to the specific energy infrastructure
• Upon energy solution implementation and construction completion, monitoring each project’s performance and verifying savings on behalf of the client
• Gather and analyze energy bills to identify potential energy savings based on current energy rates and the building’s energy intensity
• Analyze mechanical/electrical/control drawings and perform site surveys to understand the operation of the building
• Develop Energy Conservation Measures based on the clients’ needs and financial parameters
• Develop and perform calculations by using a combination of software and simulating the energy savings of the proposed design
• Select equipment based on energy performance
• Prepare construction budgets and develop financial models
• During the construction phase, technically assist the construction manager
• Monitor project performance to ensure that anticipated energy savings are attained
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Job Type: This is full-time position offering a salary and benefit package competitively paced within the local market, including medical, disability, paid time off, paid holidays, commuter benefits, continued education reimbursement, exceptional indoor office air quality and more. Must be based in New York City.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, or Architecture). Other engineering disciplines will be considered and Inspection certificates preferred
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in HVAC design
• Interest in energy commissioning knowledge of Local Law 84 and Local Law 87, and Deep Retrofitting
• Knowledge of New York City building and energy codes
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience with Office 365 and SharePoint Plus, Odoo a plus
Work authorization:• United States (Required)
Additional Compensation: • Bonuses
Schedule: • Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: All interviews, work and meetings will be conducted online remotely (via Zoom).