Licensed Mechanical HVAC Engineer
Node Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, P.C. is integrated multi-disciplinary firm providing architectural and engineering services to both public and private sector clients. Our projects range from design and development of large multifamily and mixed-use projects, commercial spaces, tenant fit-outs, hospitality throughout the New York City Area with a focus on sustainable design. Our team consists of enthusiastic, creative and dedicated self-managed individuals with professional and positive mindsets creating a fun and productive working environment with open communication and team collaboration.
We are looking for Licensed Mechanical Engineer to join our team of professional design team.
- Initial client consultations -Visit site or meet virtually to consult directly with the client to determine the project needs associated with the building HVAC system, Energy management and mandatory compliances.
- Perform multiple consultations in Predesign and Schematic design phase with Clients and Project Architect to fully define client and project needs, and to obtain owner approvals on proposed HVAC systems prior to the design development commencement.
- Initial Site evaluation and investigations – Perform site inspection to record existing conditions of the building HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire protection systems and perform energy study where applicable.
- Identify and assess Mechanical Engineering scope of work associated with the new development or improvement project; Set budgets coordinate with Project Architect and Sales team to generate estimates and contracts.
- Identify codes applicable to the project scope and accordingly perform code research and analysis, and provide code compliant design solutions for HVAC systems for various projects (commercial, residential, new developments and existing building improvements)
- Identify Regulatory Agencies requirements applicable to project and consult with regulatory agencies regarding code interpretations if required.
- Prepare design calculations.
- Prepare HVAC system designs associated with the project.
- Perform Comcheck
- Assign, coordinate and oversee production of HVAC construction documents using Revit with drafting/modeling team to assure timely manner completion.
- Work closely with Project Architect and expediting/filling team members for timely manner execution of the project and associated Mechanical work approvals from regulatory agencies.
- Project Progress Team consultations – schedule internal and external team member review meetings to obtain design progress updates on project deliverables, and to assure timely manner design coordination with all disciplines involved in the project (A S M E P S)
- Project Progress Client consultations- provide Clients with updates on biweekly basis, and when required meet with them to discuss project progress, or to clear up any concerns that may arise during the MH design or construction process
- Manage both time schedules and project budgets on MH design work to ensure project profitability.
- Proactive ‘’potential issues and problem ‘’ identification and resolution; Perform independent, in-depth investigations of specific problems including architectural/engineering analysis and recommendations
- Prepare material specification documents; Develop and maintain project manual for certain projects
- Perform bidding phase professional and administrative services; Finalize and assemble Bid documents; Schedule Prebid walk thru, perform comprehensive Bid comparison, request revised bids, when applicable, and provide final recommendations to the Owners
- Create SIA inspection schedule associated with the Mechanical scope of work, schedule and attend preconstruction meeting with Mechanical contractor, inform them of required inspections, and any other construction phase requirements.
- Perform periodic site visits to projects under construction to monitor the quality of design and Mechanical work performed.
- Energy and Mechanical Special Inspection reports writing, and coordination with owner, Mechanical contractor, and other consultants involved in the project.
- Owner and Mechanical Contractor RFI review and response
- Develop and maintain all Construction Administration documentation pursuant to AIA regulations
- Attend meetings with the building manager and contractor to discuss the project issues and schedule pertaining to MH work
- Identify the change in both Contractor’s and Node’ s scope of work, and accordingly coordinate with client, sales and project team
- At ‘Substantial Completion’ work with the contractor to generate a punch list and oversee its execution, and with Node expediting team to assure timely manner sign off of the Mechanical work with authorities having jurisdiction.
- Perform commissioning upon work completion.
- Working closely with clients and stakeholders to create unique energy solutions for new developments or existing building system improvements.
- Design tailored approaches that correspond to the specific energy infrastructure.
- Gather and analyze energy bills to identify potential energy savings based on current energy rates and the building’s energy intensity
- Analyze mechanical/electrical/control drawings and perform site surveys to understand the operation of the building.
- Select equipment based on energy performance
- Work closely with Principal Architect and Sales Team on new projects and sales opportunities to assist in identification of scope of work
- Work closely with Business development team to assist in development of Energy management consulting department (LL84,LL87,LL97)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Job Type: This is full-time position offering a salary and benefit package competitively paced within the local market, including medical, disability, paid time off, paid holidays, commuter benefits, continued education reimbursement, exceptional office indoor air quality and more. Must be based in New York City.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical).
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in HVAC design
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in discipline coordination using BIM-Revit
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience with Office 365 and SharePoint Plus, Odoo a plus
Work authorization:• United States (Required)
Additional Compensation:• Bonuses
Schedule:• Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations: All interviews, work and meetings will be conducted online remotely (via Zoom).